Search This Blog

Friday 20 December 2013

Psalm5 NWT(2013)

To the director for Ne′hi·loth.* A melody of David.
5 Listen to my words, O Jehovah;+
Be attentive to my sighing.
2 Pay attention to my cry for help,
O my King and my God, because to you I pray.
3 O Jehovah, you will hear my voice in the morning;+
In the morning I will express my concern to you+ and wait expectantly.
4 For you are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;+
No one bad may remain with you.+
5 No arrogant person may stand in your presence.
You hate all those who behave wickedly;+
6 You will destroy those who speak lies.+
Jehovah detests violent and deceptive people.*+
7 But I will come into your house+ because of your great loyal love;+
I will bow down toward your holy temple* in reverential fear of you.+
8 Lead me, O Jehovah, in your righteousness because of my foes;
Make your way clear for me.+
9 For nothing they say can be trusted;
Within them is nothing but malice;
Their throat is an open grave;
They flatter with their tongue.*+
10 But God will declare them guilty;
Their own schemes will cause their downfall.+
May they be driven away because of their many transgressions,
For they have rebelled against you.
11 But all those who take refuge in you will rejoice;+
They will always shout joyfully.
You will block approach to them,
And those loving your name will rejoice in you.
12 For you will bless anyone righteous, O Jehovah;
You will surround them with approval as with a large shield

No comments:

Post a Comment