Search This Blog

Monday 8 May 2023

A priest who honours his God.

 1Samuel ch.2:30ASV"Therefore JEHOVAH, the God of Israel, saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now JEHOVAH saith, Be it far from me; for them that honor me I will honor, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed."  

The Christ being preached by Christendom seems to me to more closely resemble the Satan of the bible (see 2Corinthians11:14) than that loyal and submissive servant of JEHOVAH portrayed in Scripture. A "priest" who honors himself above his God like high priest Eli whom is rebuked by JEHOVAH in the above quote for permitting his sons to help themselves to the best part of the offering meant exclusively for the Lord JEHOVAH. The Lord JEHOVAH makes it clear in this quote that it is well beneath his dignity to receive any offering or countenance any mediation from such a "priest".

Only the true Christ(i.e the Christ of scripture) can mediate acceptably for our sins. In him JEHOVAH has provided a priest who honors his God and not himself.

1Samuel ch.2:35ESV"And I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who shall do according to what is in my heart and in my mind. And I will build him a sure house, and he shall go in and out before my anointed forever."

 John ch.7:18ASV"He that speaketh from himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh the glory of him that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him."

John ch.8:50ASV" But I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth."


No comments:

Post a Comment