Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 September 2022

Yet more on why we make a big deal about the Name.

 Exodus 14:4ASV"4And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he shall follow after them; and I will get me honor upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host: and the Egyptians shall know that I am Jehovah. And they did so."

11For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name'shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense'shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name'shall be great among the Gentiles, saith Jehovah of hosts. 

 The Lord JEHOVAH is determined to have his name exalted above the names of the false gods ,as his loyalists we are simply responding to the current of his Spirit. The great enemy of God and his loyalists is ,of course ,bent on the erasure of the divine name, ,doubtless as retaliation for the erasure of his own name. The title 'Satan' (meaning enemy)by which he is referred to in scripture is not a self designation but the sentence pronounced upon him by the Lord JEHOVAH. So it's no surprise that in the present civilisation,of which Satan is architect and ruler, there is widespread Animus toward the divine name. For instance I have never seen a bible translation with the names of false gods like Zeus and Marduk substituted by titles, but the same translators have no problem disrespectfully removing JEHOVAH'S name from his own book.

So then whose will are they fulfilling? That loyal servant of JEHOVAH who declared :John17:26KJV"26And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them." 

Or the the enemy of the Lord JEHOVAH and his loyalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment