Search This Blog

Monday 13 June 2022

Trinitarian's lack of self-awareness and John20:28.

 That John20:28 continues to be a Trinitarian favorite says volumes about Trinitarian apologists' total lack of self-awareness. For some context trinitarians have for years pilloried the new world translation's rendering of John1:1c,on account of its use of the indefinite article, insisting that Jesus is not a God.


John20:28ASV"28Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God" now one possibility is that the risen Christ being a superhuman messenger ,Thomas could be addressing JEHOVAH through Jesus the way the ancient prophets address him through his angels see exodus3. Of course Trinitarians are having none of that,they insists that Thomas called Jesus the God of me according to the Greek text. How could Jesus be the God of anyone without being a God.


John20:17ASV"Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father: but go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God. "


Here Jesus calls his Father the God of me. Thus obviously his Father is a God ,just as he is a Father of both Jesus and Thomas. So according to scripture Jesus is a Lord and a God. And his Father is a Lord and a God.  Maybe one can fudge a modalist interpretation out of these facts, but a Trinitarian interpretation is even beyond fudging.


No comments:

Post a Comment